Impacts of the EU AI Act for Business Coaching and Mentoring
The provisionally agreed European Union Artificial Intelligence Act has significant implications for those using AI in partnership with their Coaching or Mentoring practice.
Currently no formal content is included in many training provider curriculum's leading to certifications, let alone there being Coaching and Mentoring Supervisors being AI ready enough to supervise those that use AI in the practice.
Although governing bodies such as the Association for Coaching, International Coaching Federation and the European Mentoring and Coaching Council have started drafting guidelines, their competency sets that members must demonstrate proficiency in remain very much focussed on human to human interactions. There are no formally agreed competencies that manage the use of AI in coaching or mentoring practice. Still, task forces are being brought together to address future strategic governance and compliance of coaching and mentoring professions.
The takeaways from this talk will be
1) Routes for compliance to AI laws
2) Competency Sets that facilitate AI readiness in practice
3) The content for Training curriculum updates
4) Changes to Certification and Continuing Professional Development
5) Upskilling pathways for those supervising and mentoring professionals using AI.
6) Strategic Roadmapping for Regulation and Governance overhauls